About IIT Kanpur Alumni Association Outer Delhi Chapter
With the initiatives of Padmasri Shri Satish Kaura, Shri Gyanesh Chaudhry and other distinguished IIT Kanpur alumni, IIT Kanpur Alumni Association – Outer Delhi Chapter was formed during 2000 for the better interaction amongst the alumni of IIT Kanpur staying or working in the satellite towns of Delhi. Under the able leadership of Founder President Shri Anil Goil, a large number of programmes were organized including seminars, family get-to-gathers etc. during 2000-2010. When Shri Anil Goil shifted to Mysore, Shri Anurag Goel was unanimously chosen as his successor. The activities of the Chapter grew considerably thereafter with more programmes, seminars, picnics, alumni get to gathers and excursions. The past events included:
- • IIT Kanpur Alumni Convention: The Chapter organized First IIT Kanpur Alumni Convention on Sunday 3rd March 2013 at IIT Delhi. It had more than 1200 participants (including 750+ alumni with their spouses & children and around 30 retired faculty) from all over the world. It has been the largest gathering of IIT Kanpur alumni ever. Our alumnus, Dr. D Subbarao, Governor, RBI was the Chief Guest. Details can be seen at www.iitkaaconvention.org.
- • Enlightening talks by various experts on Holistic Health & Happiness, Healing through Reiki, Healing through Acupressure, Equity Investing - The Vector Vest Way, Nature and Wildlife, Astrology- a Science or a Myth, Attitudinal Guru Mantras, Nature Study in Mountains, Glimpses of Art, Intellectual Property Rights etc.
- • Family Get Togethers and Annual Picnics at Ganga Canal Side, Muradnagar; Ganga Jal Guest House, Pratap Vihar; IBA, Greater Noida; Raghunath Batika, Ghaziabad; GAIL Training Institute, Noida; BHEL, HRDI, Noida; Manisha Kala Deergha, Noida; Sukriti Vidyut Udyog, Ghaziabad; NTPC, Noida; Aurobindo Ashram, Noida and HyTech Professionals, Noida.
- • Visits of Picture Tube Manufacturing Plants of Samtel Color Limited, Ghaziabad.
- • Excursion Trips:
- • Jim Corbett Park, Dhikala: Three days Excursion Trip.
- • Om Shanti Retreat Center, Gurgaon: Two days and one night residential workshop on UNLOCKING THE TREASURES WITHIN
- • Jaisalmer and JodhpurTrip – Five days Excursion Trip.
- • South Africa and Kenya Trip – Two weeks Excursion Trip.
- • Knowledge Sharing: Our Chapter Co-Hosted various National Seminars with Babu Banarsi Das Institute of Technology, Ghaziabad at BBDIT Campus, Ghaziabad, for knowledge sharing on various topics like: Corporate Social Responsibility; Open Source - a Key to IT Democracy; Reforms are Critical for Sustainable Growth; Advances in Electronic Devices & Systems; Ambient Network Systems & Technologies; Corporate Global Citizen; Innovating with Global perspective and Cloud Computing.
- • Cultural Evenings: Members of the Chapter were cordially invited at large number of fun-filled cultural / musical variety entertainment programmes which included Patriotic and Hasya Kavi Sammelans; Ek Shaam Rafi Ke Naam; Shukriya Mukesh - immortal melodies of legend singer; Jashn e Tazurbat dedicated to senior citizens; Hilarious Hindi Play COMEDY JUNCTION.
Apart from its own E group (Group E mail: IITKanpur_Alumni_Delhi_NCR@yah
About IIT Kanpur
Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur is engaged in carrying out original research of significance and technology development at the cutting edge.It imparts training to students so that they become competent and motivated engineers and scientists. The Institute celebrates freedom of thought, cultivates vision and encourages growth, but also inculcates human values and concern for the environment and the society.
The Institute awards Bachelors, Masters and Doctoral degrees in various branches of technology and science. It has been making special efforts to recruit talented faculty on a world-wide basis and to admit bright students from all over the country by a careful selection process (JEE/GATE/JMET/JAM). The Institute has about 1450 undergraduate and 850 postgraduate students, 300 faculty, and more than 1500 supporting staff.
Our Yahoo Group